The Snowed Inn in Killington, Vermont, is a family-owned and operated small hotel-style inn with a AAA 3-Diamond rating, located only 1.5 miles from the base of Vermont’s largest ski and summer resort, Killington Resort. We are tucked away from, but within walking distance of Killington’s famous Killington Road and its restaurants, shops and nightlife. [VIEW GOOGLE MAP]
• A variety of updated room types and suites, all with private bath
• Two-sided fireplace with living room on one side, breakfast and gathering room on other side
• Free wireless throughout the inn
• Year-round outdoor hot tub on expansive deck with gazebo (Open 4-9 p.m.)
• Complimentary afternoon cookies and beverage
• Centrally located refrigerator, microwave, ice machine
• Complimentary expanded continental breakfast including delicious homemade baked breads, coffee cakes and muffins, a “make your own” Belgian waffle station with toppings, fresh yogurt with fruit and granola toppings, hard boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
• A 50% deposit is required at booking, except for a one night stay. The balance is due at check-in.
• For a one night reservation, the full amount must be charged to a credit card at the time of booking.
• Cancellations received 2 weeks or more prior to arrival will receive a refund less a 10% booking fee. Holiday periods (December 24-January 1; Presidents’ Weekend and Week) and special events require a minimum 30-day advance notice to receive a refund less 10%. With less notice a refund of the deposit less 10% can only be made if the room is fully re-booked.
• Should you arrive later than 9 p.m. you will find a note at the reception desk, describing the location of your room, and we will check you in the following morning. Prior notice of your late arrival, if possible, is greatly appreciated.
• No refunds due to early departure.
• Rates include our expanded continental breakfast buffet.
• We welcome children.
• We do not allow pets.
• Skis, snowboards and bikes may not be stored in guest rooms.
• We are a non-smoking property. Failure to comply will result in a $200 cleaning fee.
• Check-in after 3 p.m. and check-out is 10 a.m.
• Visa, MC, Discover and Amex accepted.
A History of the Inn, by Jeanne Karlhuber, owner
We all have defining moments in our lives, and our purchase of the Snowed Inn in February 1984 certainly marked a turning point for the Karlhuber family. We had been contemplating a move to the Killington area for quite a while, and when it actually happened we just knew we were on the right track. Although we did not have a perfectly clear vision of what this property would ultimately become, we knew that there was significant potential if we were willing to work hard and make sacrifices when necessary. Well, we were willing to do that, and the small, nondescript four room guest house of 1960s vintage grew, evolved, and blossomed into one of the most popular inns in Killington.
Not only did the building itself change over the ensuing 25 years. Our children, Tom and Kerstin, grew up in these marvelous Vermont surroundings. When you are raised in a busy inn environment, you learn some important lessons about kindness, respect and responsibility, and certainly how to take a reservation! Along the way they of course learned to ski and acquired excellent local and then undergraduate and graduate educations. Tom, an architect, married his high school sweetheart Cate. Kerstin, a filmmaker, married a Scottish lad named Stephane, and now the next generation is represented by our grandsons, Calvin and Wesley. The kids have also each given back in very special ways: Tom designed the transformation of the front facade of the building, and Kerstin is the creator of both our facebook page and Instagram feed.